Are you preparing for the negotiation of your next agreement? Maybe you are keen to get trained up for future activities or to improve your negotiation skills…
Seamless transition for entrance and exit of workplace EBAs is everyone's goal, but a challenge for most small to medium organisations – including councils. One of the biggest difficulties often stems from lack of inhouse resources or experience.
Our LGAQ Total Solutions consultants come to you with highly relevant industrial relations experience as well as experience in local government. Our services include working for our members to facilitate the negotiation of a certified agreement; or to work with council as their expert resident during the negotiations of the agreement.
What you can expect
Our services for the negotiation and certification of council certified agreements include but are not limited to:
- provide advice to councillors and CEO aimed at developing a policy approach to Enterprise Bargaining
- develop policy proposals
- prepare draft agreements
- develop strategies for staff inclusion and assist CEO with the inclusion of staff in the bargaining process
- negotiate agreement with relevant unions
- prepare final agreements
- provide advice on the conduct of the ballot
- prepare relevant documents, and represent council, for the certification process before the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
Visit the LG Online page LG Workforce for resources and information provided for Members.
Torres Strait Island Regional Council
As the first Council to undergo a Certified Agreement after the introduction of the Modern Award, we found Nick’s assistance to be beneficial. An overwhelming 98.25% of our employees voted in favour of the Certified Agreement and Nick’s contribution was instrumental in Council’s success with creating a better environment for our employees and enabling better services for our communities.
Bree Lloyd-Hannah | Human Resources Manager