FRAUD PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT
Fraud is widespread in Australia. The Australian Institute of Criminology estimates that Australia loses $ 8.5 billion p.a. on account of fraud. Recently, the Queensland Audit Office (QAO) carried out a review of fraud in the context of Queensland local councils. Some of the conclusions coming out of the QAO review are as follows:
- Fraud and corruption is happening in councils but few understand sufficiently how widespread it is or what it costs them
- Councils’ responses to known and potential fraud risks are, largely, inadequate and demonstrate a lack of leadership and failure in governance
- Executive and senior management in many councils do not provide sufficient guidance on how to recognize fraud and what to do if fraud is suspected
- Council management approaches to fraud prevention and detection are passive.
We have the experience and expertise as a provider of a wide range of risk and assurance services to assist councils with all aspects of fraud prevention and management.
Download the Fraud Prevention and Management course outline for member training needs in the Fraud Prevention and Management space.
LGAQ Total Solutions also provides an Online Fraud Awareness Program. For enrolment prices and details contact us on 1300 542 700.
- Why Fraud Management is Important - Article
- Better Practice Checklist for Fraud Prevention and Management
- Sample Fraud Incident Register
- Sample Fraud Investigation Tracking Form
- Sample Fraud Allegation Reporting Form
- Key Features of a Good Fraud Control Plan
- Red Flag Indicators