Local government in Queensland owns $76 billion in physical assets. In the current constrained fiscal environment, improvements in asset management practices can significantly improve financial performance of councils
Not only do councils spend billions each year maintaining these assets, they also incur depreciation expenses estimated at $1.5 billion per annum. Efficient and effective management of council assets is an ongoing challenge.
LGAQ Total Solutions consultants have been working with councils for many years to assist in improving asset management practices by streamlining processes and generating savings for many councils.
What we can do for you
- Development and review of Service Level Frameworks
- Collection and analysis of asset management data
- Development and review of Asset Management plans incorporating accurate information concerning current assets, their condition, likely maintenance and renewal costs and projected service requirement changes
- Analysis of asset capital and recurrent costs covering maintenance and depreciation and development of long term financial plans and budgets to support asset management plans
- Review of asset accounting procedures to ensure that all assets are appropriately managed in accordance with corporate standards
- Assist with development and measurement of performance indicators and benchmarking
Even small improvements in asset management can result in significant financial benefits for your council. Contact our team to find out more about how we can work with you to quickly identify opportunities for improvement, creating savings for your council.